- Why didn’t my neighbor receive a call?
- What will my neighbors hear when you leave them a message?
- What hours are the calls made to my neighbors?
- When will my calls be broadcasted?
- What if Findtoto.com calls a neighbor that subscribes to the National Do Not Call (DNC) Registry?
- What if the phone number being called is “busy” or no one answers (neither a person or an answering system)?
- How accurate is the database of phone numbers used by Findtoto.com?
- Will businesses, apartments and condos receive my alert?
- How important is accurately completing the form when I select the package I want to purchase?
- What happens if my name or my pet’s name is mispronounced on the alert message?
- How will I know my calls went out to the correct area?
- How long does it take the system to make all the phone calls in my package?
- How long does my account stay active from the date of my last login?
- Do I put in my ZIP code or the one where my dog was lost from?
- How do I know this isn’t scam?
Someone in that household registered with the DMA (Direct Marketing Association) to be put on their Do Not Solicit Database either for phoning or mailing. The DMA advocates standards for responsible marketing, promotes relevance as the key to reaching consumers with desirable offers, and provides cutting-edge research, education, and networking opportunities to improve results throughout the end-to-end direct marketing process. Founded in 1917, DMA today has more than 3,400 members from the US and 48 other nations, including half of the Fortune 100 companies, as well as nonprofit organizations.
End Dated record:
End Dated record is a household that has been removed from the database, because we receive move-in/move-in information for a party’s address.
Household does not have a land line phone.
We may have the name and address from the county courthouse, but no phone number is provided from that source
Missing address from Source File:
Some publicly published phone numbers don’t list the address info along with the phone & name in the source files (like the white pages), which is one of our many public sources used. If the Public Phone source does not provide record address there is no way to plot the record in a radius.
Lack of phone numbers being published in the phone book. (rather NOT being published in the white pages)
If a household’s name, address, and telephone number are not published in the Directory White Pages and a telephone number is not available from Directory Assistance (411) this household wouldn’t be available for calling.
If currently on record, there is a indication of move notification (either from a survey or web form or written form) from a given household, that record will be removed from mailing or calling, until further notice made by that household or change of address.
Address provided from phone source was address type of RR1, RR5 or Post Office box (aka RURAL) – which would be very difficult to assign an accurate Lat/Long or ZIP4, this makes it impossible to place this rural record in the radius map.
Get the Flash Player to see this player.
No calls are made before 9 AM Monday through Friday or before 10 AM on weekends. No orders are broadcasted after 7 PM Monday through Friday or after 6 PM on weekends.
Orders are processed by an automated system within minutes of placing your order and calls are typically delivered within hour. However we promise to deliver your alerts within 24 hours. If you place an order outside of our broadcasting times (see above) within your time zone, your calls will be made during the alert hours of the next business day.
Our service is classified and registered as an exempt organization by the DNC.
6. What if the phone number being called is “busy” or no one answers (not even an answering system)?
We call that number four times during our call session in attempt to reach that home. Also keep in mind that many people have Caller I.D. and may very well call us back based on the number they see and we will be happy to direct them to you!
Our state-of-the-art database is updated and standardized using USPS Coding Accuracy Support System (CASS) certified software. While people do re-locate, our goal is to maintain 85% or higher accuracy with our telephone numbers. We actively attempt to verify millions of records each month to help ensure our database contains the most current and accurate information available.
Businesses will not receive your alert, but apartments and condos will.
ABSOLUTELY critical. This is the single most important aspect of being reunited with your missing pet. Complete this with the greatest of accuracy. Check it…then check it again!
Here are some important tips:
- Since our service works off of a “mapping system”, it is vital that you input the address closest to where your pet went missing. This is the center of your search area.
- Enter the best phone number to reach you as this is the number that will be broadcast on your alert message. Obviously, keeping that phone line open will be very important as well.
- Carefully select the type of pet with a good description (color, etc.)
- Choose the picture to upload that you feel gives your neighbors the best chance of identifying your missing pet.
While you and your pet’s names are very important to you and Findtoto.com, usually the information that leads to the return of your pet is the pet description and picture. While Findtoto.com will make every effort to pronounce the names correctly the majority of the time, there could be multiple pronunciations for the same name. We will surely do our very best in this area, but if you want to increase your chances of locating your missing pet, go back and read the previous FAQ one more time!
Upon request, FindToto will send you your completed call log.
We attempt to call each number up to 4 times (if necessary).
After the first call is made, 15 minutes later a 2nd call will be attempted, 10 minutes later the 3rd call, and 5 minutes after that, a 4th call.
|# of Calls||Time from 1st Call|
|1st call||0 minutes|
|2nd call||15 minutes|
|3rd call||25 minutes|
|4th call||30 minutes|
All calling sessions (no matter how large) are usually completed in less than 1 hour.
Once again, FindToto wishes to thanks you for choosing our service. We feel that we offer the most highly effective approach to reuniting you with your missing pet! We also welcome and encourage any feedback. Best wishes from everyone at Findtoto.com!
FindToto purges all listings, including personal and pet information, after an inactive period of 120 days.
Please input the zip code (or approximate zip code) of the area where your PET was last seen. If your pet went missing from your relative’s home in a different state, use the zip code that corresponds to his or her neighborhood. If your pet goes missing from your own yard or home, please input your own zip code.
FindToto is registered with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and the National Do Not Call Registry (DNC). We will also provide you the call log upon purchase of an order for your verification that the calls went through (we guarantee an 85% success rate). We will attempt to call a phone number up to 4 times within one hour, and if no one answers, we will leave a detailed voicemail message with your pet’s information. See the reviews and publicity Findtoto has received over the past few years from major news networks under our News Links page.